What we do
CAR provides specialist advice on listed buildings of all scales, ages and types, from national monuments like the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich to rural cottages and farmhouses.
We have extensive experience to draw on. Yet we recognise that every project is different and apply our expertise where it’s most effective in meeting our client’s objectives.
The range of services we offer includes:
- Conservation Plans to support the strategic management and masterplanning of larger estates with listed buildings.
- Heritage Statements and Heritage Impact Assessments to support architects who are making applications for listed building consent.
- Participation in design teams to find solutions that respect conservation constraints and take advantage of conservation opportunities.
- Consultation with conservation authorities and interested parties.
- Interpretation of national and local planning policy to minimise risk of conflict with conservation authorities.